During the mid to late 1800s, many Americans left their homes and set out for Oregon Country along the Oregon Trail. Considering the hardships of the journey AND the possible benefits, would you have chosen to be a pioneer?
Expectations: By WEDNESDAY of this week, post your response to this question. Clearly state your opinion and support it with at least three reasons. By FRIDAY of this week, respond to a classmate's post. Remember: when responding to another post, you may respond in agreement, disagreement, or with a question. Make sure to explain statements of agreement or disagreement. Don't forget to sign all of your postings with your student number.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would want to be a pioneer for many different reasons. I don't really mind about how treacherous the journey was, but still, I wouldn't want to die. I would want to travel the trail because: 1: My family could be black and we would be forced to be slaves where we were. 2: I would want my family to get the rich, lush land there so we could properly grow crops and own a farm. 3: I would want to be an important part of history. Finally, 4: I would want to be with my relatives and be able to help encourage others to come. I think pioneers had a very exciting journey, all though there were many dangers.
ReplyDelete#7
ReplyDeleteI would travel the Oregon Trail because people said that the land there was perfect. Also, I would go because I would go to get my country some more land. Lastly, I would go because I have always been a bit curious. I would like to see just how hard the Oregon Trail was. #15
ReplyDeleteI would want to be a pioneer for different reasons. Even though the trail was dangerous I would want to have good land for my family to farm. Also some of my relatives might have gone west and I would want to be with them. #8
ReplyDeleteI would, because I like to take challenges, second because, I like to do work, and lastly because I think it would be fun to be a pioneer.
ReplyDeleteI would travel to Oregon for many different reasons. Even though the journey was very hard and I could die along the way it sounded like a adventurous journey. I would love all the free land and if I had black skin I would be forced to be a slave but in Oregon I wouldn't. Lastly I wanted the Americans to get the land not the British.
ReplyDelete#21
I wouldn't go on the Oregon Trail because I would miss my family. Also I could get smallpocks, measles,or any other sickness or disease. I also would go on the Oregon Trail because I would get more land to explore, and maybe even a bigger house.
ReplyDelete#14
I would be a pioneer because. I would like to be an adventurous person. I will have to be brave but it is worth the aventure. Orgen will be close so we will keep going to the place that i will call home
ReplyDelete#25
ReplyDeleteI agree with #14 because you will miss your familly and might get a dissese.
ReplyDelete#25
I agree with #8. I too would want good land for my family to farm. I too, have been a bit curious about how the trail really was. Just as she said, I am willing to see just how treacherous the trail really was.
ReplyDelete#7
Yes I would of travled the Oregon trail but it would be very dangerous because of the obsticles along the way like wildlife or rivers and it would be sad to leave friends.
ReplyDelete#9
I agree with number 15 because it would seem good to have more land for our country and to travel the Oregon trail.
ReplyDelete#9
I would not become a pioneer because it is too dangerous. I could get any type of disease or get killed. I would miss everyone and my home. I know that many people died on the journey or could not accomplish their goals, so I would never even try to go on that mission. Being a pioneer even though you know the difficulties in the trip does not make sense to me, because I wouldn't like it. I don't like to try things that are scary or dangerous, like I said before.
ReplyDelete#16
I would have chosen to be a pioneer. I would have chosen it because I think I could be strong during the journey. Also, I would help my family. Last, I think it would be fun.
ReplyDelete#3
I would go to Oregon to claim a little bit of the free land for me and my country. I would also go because its an adventure.
ReplyDelete#11
I agree with #15 because he's exactly right. If I was a pioneer I would go for free land,adventure and to stay with friends.
ReplyDelete#11
I would not be a pioneer because there would be to much work and hardship and the long journey would be to much for me. However, I might think otherwise if I were an African-american. I could escape from slavery and be free. I would do the same work and have the same dangers of getting lost, running out of fire wood, running out of water, getting diseases, and just plain old dieing a white woman would. For me, I just couldn't do it because I coulddn't leave my family and friends.
ReplyDelete#1
I could of been a pioneer because I think I would be scared to travel but I would be excited for the adventure at the same time. I would have been a pioneer because no matter what happened during the adventure, in the end you would end up in a new place full of crops, with friends and your family. Also, I think I would have gone because I love adventures ( even if they are just stories) and I would be too tempted to go. I wouldn't go on the Oregon Trail because I would miss what I left behind. Plus, the trail is dangerous ( it is filled with many challenging obstacles) and there is always a chance you might not make it. # 13
ReplyDeleteI agree with both #3 and #16 because together, that is my answer. I also liked how # 16 had lots of convincing details. I liked #3's answer because it was pretty staraight forward. I enjoyed both of them, especially together! #13
ReplyDeleteI would not be a pioneer because it is too dangeris. I could be killed being run over by a wagon. I could be killed by disease. I could die of hunger.
ReplyDelete#22
I would choose to be a pioneer because i would want to live in oregone
ReplyDelete#18
I would have chosen to be a pioneer. This is because I would want the free land. I would also want Oregon territory to be part of the US. Don't forget the adventure. I might want to start a new life in Oregon.
ReplyDelete#12
I would be a pioneer because of the adventur. I would also doit for meeting new people. I would also do it for the gold. #2
ReplyDeleteI kind of agree with #22 because ou have the risk f dying. #2
ReplyDeleteI do not agree with #22 because the wagons were so slow that you couldn't really get run over by wagons. But I don't get how #22 said " I could die from hunger," it doesn't really make sense because I think he means that he will die if he doesn't get food for along time.
ReplyDelete#21
I kind of would like to be a pioneer and kind of not. I would want to travel the Oregon Trail to get the free faem land. I would not want to be a pioneer because it is very dangerous to do things like cross rivers and possible to run out of food. Many people could die on the journey.
ReplyDelete#23
Yes I would have chosen to be a pioneer. The reason is that I would like to discover somthing new because it was hard to do that and people didn't have very strong tools and I just think of all the positive things. I'd also like to build a log cabbin because you have to cut down trees and it is awesome when the tree's fall down not that I like it it's just cool seeing tree's fall down.
ReplyDelete#20
I agree with number 13 because I would like an andventure and a good scare in my life. I also would go through alot of absiticales. Thats why I agree with #13.
ReplyDelete#20
I would be a pioneer because I would like to find new farmland and home land. I would also go because I am adventerous.
ReplyDelete#10
I agree with #10 because I would go for more adventure in my life.
ReplyDelete#15
I agree with #14 because it was symilar to what I said. I would be too afriad of dieing and I would miss my family too much
ReplyDelete#1
I disagree with #14 because I want adventure in my life. I want to take the risk of the Oregon Trail, and I would want to see friends and family who also traveled the Trail. I am always ready to take risks and challenges in life. The Oregon Trail is a great challenge that I would be willing to take. Your life will be boring and you will never get to do anything amazing if you don't take a challenge. If you don't take challenges you will never be able to go anywhere amazing because you would be too afraid. If you take the challenge of the Oregon Trail you could have a better life. Think about the bright side of the trip, you could have better farmland, and you would have beautiful views of the Oregon country, with all the trees and bright, endless, blue sky. I would travel the Oregon Trail. #8
ReplyDeleteI disagree with #16 because if I didn't go I would miss out on alot of things. Also, maybe your friends family decides to go and you get sad that they left.
ReplyDelete#3
i agree with #1 becouse it is to danger ous and ther is to mouch work
ReplyDelete#22
I agree with #1 because it would be alot of hard work and I would also definitely go if i were an African-Aremican to escape from slavery.
ReplyDelete#23
I agree with #7 because I don't care about treaturous trails, I just don't want to die!!
ReplyDelete#10
I agree with number eight because it makes a lot
ReplyDeleteof sense.
#14
I agree with #13, because it would have been scary. It also would have been fun and adventurous.
ReplyDelete#12