Please post an original poem (at least 4 lines). It may be any form or style, written about any topic. Your second task is to respond to a classmate's poem. You may respond with compliments or questions, but please be specific.
Expectations: Post your original poem by Wednesday, 5/6. Respond to a classmate's poem by Friday, 5/8.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Birhtdays
ReplyDeleteToday is the day!
The sun is out and I can play!
Today is the day!
And I am amazed,
That even though it's tough
You can never get enough
Of the day to play.
It is your birthday!
#15
dog
ReplyDeletesniff sniff
dig dig dig
wag wag wag
slober slober
yum yum yum
bark bark
walk walk
sniff sniff
lick lick
jump jump
land land
listen listen
sit sit
yum yum
bark bark
stare stare
slober slober
zzzzzzzzzzz....
dog
#13
I think #15's poem was very good. You could see what they thought of their topic. It was interesting poem, that was very easy to understand and I think had good word choice. I also liked the different kinds of puncuation. Nice work #15!! :)
ReplyDelete#13 :) :)
I really liked #13's poem because it had all the actions the dog did. I enjoyed reading it and I love the second to last line.
ReplyDelete#23
♫ Music In Nature ♫
ReplyDeleteI sit by the river,
listening to the music in nature,
the wind blowing,
the birds chirping,
and the water flowing
Music in nature
#23 ♫
Wet cold nose on mine
ReplyDeleteSoft, warm, and slobbery tounge on my cheek
Soft furry fur feels so soft on my skin
Cute as a button
This is my dog Tootsie.
Sorry the one that is about a dog named tootsie is by 14#
ReplyDeleteFriendship
ReplyDeleteFriends are there to the end
happy and friendly, always giving
You can always depend on your mates
They will be oh so great
when they cry you will help 'em by your side,
they will be there, joyful or sad,
Friends are wonderful, fun, and RAD!
#16
sun
ReplyDeleteSun
hot hot
sparkle
shine
set
rise
sun #3
# 16 meant to say,
ReplyDeletewhen they cry, you will help 'em by THEIR side,
sorry!
I like #16 poem because it was very true. Also, it said alot of things that friends can be.
ReplyDelete#3
I liked reading # 23s because it was very peaceful and calm to read.
ReplyDeleteIt made me think of the ocean waves and the soft harp playing, the things I enjoy to listen when I am peaceful.
Great job!
I really enjoyed #23's poem. I think it was really calming, and it made me think of the things that I liked to do as I relax. I also thought that their poem was different than the others. The only question is: where to you get the awsome inspiration? Well done!
ReplyDelete#13
A poem that I enjoyed was by #16. I liked everything they said about friends. It is so totally true! I also liked their word choice.(Rad.) Nicely done!
ReplyDelete#13
I loved all of these fantatsic poems!! And I think it is the best blog post yet. The last person I am going to commend is #3. It was a very good poem that was easier to understand. It also had good word choice. Keep up the good work #3!!
ReplyDelete#13
Sadness
ReplyDeleteDon't have much friends,
Everyone dumps me,
because I am ugly,
Except some,
They don't get to know me,
At recess they play except me watching them play while I sit on bench.
#21
I liked number #16 because it is true that you should help your friend and they should to. No matter there happy or sad. #16 also had good word choice (Rad).
ReplyDelete#21
ReplyDeleteDaer #13,
ReplyDeleteIn your response to my poem you asked me how I got the insripation. I got the idea when I was outside on my hammock. All I could hear was the birds singing their lovely songs and the noise of the trees blowing in the wind. When I heard we had to write a poem, I thought of that and turned it into a poem.
#23 ♥ ☺ ♥
#23 meant to say DEAR #13, not daer.
ReplyDeleteThe fire is sparkling bright
ReplyDeleteSparks, popping in the night
Then, the water puts it out
But, it then flames from the drought
Flames once more
On the dry, crisp floor
#8
I dont know what to write
ReplyDeletewhat should i write about
should I write about trees
or the leaves or the animlas
I dont know what to write
wait
I am writing this poem.
#22
I like #21's because it has a lot of emotion in it.
ReplyDelete14#
I like #22's because it is clever.
ReplyDelete14#
There once was a guy named fred,
ReplyDeletehe'd never get out of bed,
allthrough the morning,
he'd still bsnoring,
he is just a sleepy head.
Tlhat was a limmerick
#12
sorry, the other #12's 4th line should be "he's still be snoring"
ReplyDelete#12
Its sunny its money
ReplyDeleteIts shiny and funny
Its like a bunny in the sky saying hello shiny Money
Do you like funny bunnys
#20
I like #12's because it was funny,wierd,and awesome.The best part is "he is just a sleepy head".Didn't you mean to write "he'd still be snoring".
ReplyDelete#20
Spring
ReplyDeleteSpring, it's my favorite time of year,
Birds chirping,
Flowers blooming,
Color everywhere you look,
Raindrops falling,
Sun shining,
Spring, it's my favorite time of year.
#7
I REALLY like #8's poem. It put a really nice picture in my mind, and that made me think of 4th of July. Nice job, #8!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete#7
There once was a man from peru.
ReplyDeleteHe dreamed about a dog.
He woke up and found his dog was on the side of his bed.
The dog was black and furry with big brown eyes.
#2
I like your poem number 13. It was very interesting. I also like it because it was kind of like a concrete poem.#2
ReplyDeleteDog come hear boy,
ReplyDeleteremember me
carlo remember
dog come hear boy
#18
Sky
ReplyDeletegray, rainy, cold
shiviring, wet, fog
birds fly by
raindrops splashing
sky
#26
ReplyDeleteI liked #13's peom because, it reminded me of love that dog apple peom. In the apple poem it was just saying words a bunch of times and so was #13.
ReplyDelete#26
My Dog
ReplyDelete(Inspired by Razor/my dog)
My dog is big and hairy
He is not at all scary
He likes to eat and play
He could fetch a ball all day
He is always very happy and glad
He is the best friend I've ever had
My dog Razor
#11
I like #8's poem because It read a picture in my mind of the fire.
ReplyDelete#11
I like #8's poem because of the way the words seemed to fly out at me and hit me smack in the face.
ReplyDelete#15
doge howling in the wind
ReplyDeletebuderflys flying in the wind
flg crucets jomping high
everey frog is jumping high
#25
Chilling wind
ReplyDeletewares you down to the bone
in the waving storm
BOOM!!
lightning struck
frightened little me
#10
Winter nights
ReplyDeleteBy #9
Winter nights...
chilling
frightning
fire crackles
booooom
thunder boooooming
Winter nights
I really liked # 7's poem because she had really good word choice and it painted a clear picture of spring in my mind. Nice job, #7!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete#8
I like #13 becuse every line is one word.
ReplyDelete#25
I liked #15 because really like birhtdays and I'm always so happy! :)
ReplyDelete#12
I liked number 11 because I could imagine having Razor.
ReplyDeleteThe Boredom
ReplyDeleteHow can this obstacle overcome me?
Am i alive, am I free?
This is such a hard task, the boredom
How can we, the blacks, not be respected?
After all, it is us that build this town
they are saying go go go
when i reply, no no no
we have done the work within, why should they, be the ones who win?
unfairness may be, I am not going to cry
because I know god will help me, by and by
Shakespear
ReplyDeleteoh thy hamlet, romeo, juliet, all these idols,
they are wonderful and different, the work of thy shakespear
shakespear, is that how you spell?
no no no i don't care, i dwell,
these are the great memories of fate,
shakespear, shakespear whatever of fate
destiny
The top two are both by #16
ReplyDeleteShakespear and the Boredom...
sorry, i spelled shakespear wrong all the time.
I meant to type Shakespeare.
The Flicker of Hope #16
ReplyDeleteThe flicker of hope,
is it sorrow, or is it vanity?
is it faith, or is it eternity?
it is indescribable, mysterious, the glow inside,
why would i care, I have lied.
is this true, the way it should be?
my my my, things have gone by.
where is thy flicker
the flicker of hope?
all of it has gone,
the flicker of hope
changed again, again and again
like me, soaring in the sky
I want to go go go, and sucessfully fly.
the flicker of hope, don't let it go,
it won't change a thing, except the goodness
where art thou flicker of hope?
the wonderful and great,
Flicker of Hope
The backwards sdrawkcab ehT
ReplyDeletenuf nuf nuf nuf fun fun fun fun
looc looc looc looc cool cool cool cool
on on on on no no no no
sey sey sey sey yes yes yes yes
ho ho ho ho oh oh oh oh
looc looc looc looc cool cool cool cool
#16
I really liked reading #16's backwards poem because it is very creative.
ReplyDelete#23
Fireworks
ReplyDeleteB
o
F o F
i m i
r r
e C e
w r w
o a o
r s r
k h k
s s
k h k
r s r
o a o
w r w
e C e
r r
i m i
F o F
o
B
#23